sexta-feira, 29 de outubro de 2010

PAST PERFECT

Form of Past Perfect Simple

PositiveNegativeQuestion
no differences I had spoken.       I had not spoken.       Had I spoken?

Tempo verbal formado pelo auxiliar to have + past participle do verbo principal.  

Expressa uma acção que aconteceu antes de outra no passado simples (de duas ações passadas é a que acontece em primeiro lugar). É comum vir acompanhado de conjunções como before, after, when:
 

Use of Past Perfect

  • action taking place before a certain time in the past
    (putting emphasis only on the fact, not the duration)
    Example: Before I came here, I had spoken to Jack. Type III (condition that was not given in the past) 
    Conditional Sentences type III
  • Example: If I had seen him, I would have talked to him.

Signal Words

  • already, just, never, not yet, once, until that day (with reference to the past, not the present)
  • If-Satz Typ III (If I had talked, …)
EXERCISES: 


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário